If you want to specify that a virtual server starts up automatically when the host server starts up:
1) On host server, browse to “C:\Users\Public\Documents”
2) Right click “Shared Virtual Machines”, select Properties
3) Browse to security tab, add yourself as having full control over this folder
4) Repeat steps 2-3 for “Shared Virtual Networks”
5) In Virtual Server web interface, shut down the virtual machine you wish to auto-start
6) Navigate to Edit Configuration –> General Properties
7) Check “Run virtual machine under the following user account”
8) Enter the credentials from step 3
9) Select desired startup action and delay, then start virtual machine.
Now when your host machine reboots, your virtual machines will start up automatically. Step 4 is very important as my wasted morning can attest to.