We are pleased to announce that we are releasing two, very handy new features scheduled for the next update.
- Automatic generation of invoices when saving to history.
- Current and projected Client balance displayed on Client screen.
ParaPlan, a turnkey paratransit management solution, has a highly robust, highly detailed invoicing system. Users can invoice directly to Clients, to Programs or to a 3rd party. Costs are calculated from the executed (or no show) trips and additional charges for items such as O2 transport or after-hours trips can be applied to the invoice.
For some users, this highly granular control is more than they need and they want a simpler way to use all the other benefits of our invoicing system. For these users we offer the ability to automatically generate invoices when saving a work date to history.
When Generate Invoices when saving to history is checked, the system will generate invoices for Clients and Programs for trips that meet the following criteria:
- Trips that were completed or no shows.
- Trips that have a dollar amount in Client Billed or Program Billed.
- Trips that have not already been invoiced for.
When those conditions have been meet, an invoice will be generated with the default billing information for that Client or Program. The Client/Program balance will be updated and a PDF will be available for printing (it will not be printed automatically).
This use case is specifically targeted at users that want to collect pre-payments from Clients and be able to see how much money a Client has left in their account.
Projected Client Balances
To make it easier to understand how much money a Client has left in their account, we have added a new expander panel to the client screen. When initially viewed, it will display the dollar amount a client is projected to have at the end of the day. When expanded, it will display the projected amount for the end of the week, the end of the month and the next 30 days.
This allows users to quickly determine if a Client is financially eligible to schedule a new ride. To calculate the balances, we look at:
- Total balance of unpaid Invoices and collected Payments from our Billing system.
- The cost of the trips the Client has taken that have not had an Invoice generated for.
- The system assumes all trips saved to history have been invoiced.
- The cost of scheduled one-time reservations.
- The cost of scheduled recurring reservations.
The addition of these two new features really helps make ParaPlan a viable replacement for any existing payment collection and reconciliation system. Please call Kyle at 913-735-6651 to enable Billing on your ParaPlan system.